Thanks to a major donor, Taos Pueblo Health and Community Services, Taos Day School and Working on Wellness (our non-profit partner) we will be able to provide Summer Camp! Whoo hoo! Much gratitude to all the partners who have come together to make this happen.
Session I is June 15-June 26, 2015. Closed Wednesday, June 24th for Feast day.
CLOSED June 29 to July 3, 2015
Session II is July 6-July 24, 2015
End of Summer Family Barbeque Monday, July 27th.
Cliffs Amusement Park Tuesday, July 28th for students who attend 14 out of the 19 possible academic/Tiwa classes
Who can attend:
Students who completed Kindergarten-8th grade THIS school year.
We have 25 spots for non Day School youth. Native youth attend at no charge.
What is provided:
• Cereal breakfast, hot lunch and two snacks.
• Tiwa Language & Heritage Club with Roni Young 12:30-3:00
• Academics by grade level, required participation 12:30-3:00
• Recreation by grade level, required participation 9:00-11:00
• Optional enrichment: Drumming group, Chess Club, Art, Sewing, and Video Club 3:00-5:00pm
• Swimming every Thursday morning and fun Friday field trips for students who attend 3 or more of weekly academic/Tiwa classes each week.
• Half price, week long, swimming lessons for Kindergarten and 1st grades who register for the lessons and pay $20. Space is limited. Pick up applications at Summer Camp.
To register for Summer Camp go to our web site: TaosAfterSchool.org and get the application. Drop off the application at Taos Day School, or scan and email to Colleen.Durocher@BIE.edu (our Fax machine is NOT working).